- steep, difficult, wet sites
- sites with poor infrastructure
- removal of windblown trees
- selective felling + extraction
- ecologically sensitive sites
- PAWS plantation on ancient woodland sites
- SSSI sites of special scientific interest
- SAMS scheduled ancient monument sites
Horse logging can be useful in situations such as these:
Horse logging is the ultimate low impact timber extraction method.
We have a wide range of equipment
enabling us to tackle most jobs.
we are available for experience days and tuition, contact us for details.
Please click the link at the bottom of this page to see more on our dedicated horse logging site.
"Jens" using a timber arch to extract Douglas fir saw logs.
Timber stacks ready for further extraction
"Jens" extracting timber on the hill fort at Fingle woods.